Major James R. Bresnahan is Assistant Director of Operations, 2d Operations Support Squadron, Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana. He assists the Director of Operations in overseeing squadron Airmen in conventional plans, crew communications, weather, and scheduling offices.
Maj. Bresnahan received his commission as a distinguished graduate from the United States Air Force Academy in 2008. He has eleven years of active service with assignments at Minot AFB, N.D. and Barksdale AFB, La. Maj. Bresnahan served in flying positions including Weapons and Tactics Flight, 23d Bomb Squadron, and Chief of Weapons and Tactics Flight, 11th Bomb Squadron. Major Bresnahan is a graduate of the USAF’s Weapons School and holds a masters’ degree from Colorado State University. Prior to his current position, the major was the Wing Weapons Officer, 2d Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
Maj. Bresnahan is a B-52H evaluator pilot and MC-12W pilot with more than 2,200 hours, including two deployments to the United States Pacific Command and more than 600 combat hours in Operation Enduring Freedom.
- 2008 Bachelor of Science (distinguished graduate), Mathematical Sciences, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
- 2009 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
- 2012 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
- 2014 Squadron Officer School (distinguished graduate), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2015 Masters of Applied Statistics, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colo.
- 2015 United States Air Force Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
- June 2008 – February 2010, Student, Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, Sheppard AFB, Tx.
- February 2010 – February 2011, Student, B-52 Initial Qualification Training, Barksdale AFB, La.
- February 2011 – December 2014, Instructor, B-52 Pilot, Scheduling Flight, Weapons and Tactics Flight, 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
- December 2014 – July 2015, Instructor, B-52 Pilot, Weapons and Tactics Flight, 11th Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
- July 2015 – December 2015, Student, USAF Weapons Instructor Course, 340th Weapons Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
- December 2015 – February 2017, Chief, Weapons and Tactics, 11th Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La
- February 2017 – August 2017, Chief, Conventional Plans, 2d Operations Support Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
- August 2017 – April 2019, Wing Weapons Officer, 2d Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
- April 2019 – Present, Assistant Director of Operations, 2d Operations Support Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La
- Rating: senior pilot
- Flight hours: more than 2,200 (more than 600 combat hours)
- Aircraft flown: T-6A, T-38C, MC-12W, B-52H
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
- Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
- Second Lieutenant May 28, 2008
- First Lieutenant May 28, 2010
- Captain May 28, 2012
- Major September 1, 2017
(Current as of May 2019)